Monday 3 May 2010

Heart Shaped Mocha Bundt




I bought a gorgeous new heart shaped bundt cake pan from my favourite baking shop in Manchester (The Cook Shop in Manchester Arndale market) last week. I couldn't wait to try it out. Best thing is that I got it on sale so it was half price.

I had eggs to use up that were an unexpected gift (it says something of my baking mentality when I view eggs as a present!) So I made a simple mocha cake.



Mocha cake

80z Stork margarine or similar
8oz sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
6oz self raising flour
2oz cocoa
1 sachet of Starbucks Via coffee

Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4

Grease and flour the bundt cake.
Cream butter and sugar together.
Beat in eggs fully one at a time adding the vanilla extract in with the first egg.
Fold in the flour, cocoa and the sachet of coffee.
Bake for 25minutes.

I look it into work and it went down quite well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made a bundt! Wow! mmmm

Nadia Gubba said...

That was me- I don't know how it was anonymous!