Tuesday 26 January 2010

Pineapple and Almond Upside-down Cake

Last Tuesday I came across an old Marks and Spencer magazine at my Grandad's house. I always copy recipes down but I never actually make them. I have untried recipes written down everywhere in my house. I bit the bullet and actually decided to go for it. Since I was meeting a fellow foodie - Simon, I thought I'd have someone to give me some useful concrit.


Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4

Mix together 50g each of sugar and butter and spread over the base of a 22cm diameter springform tin.
Arrange seven slices of drained pineapple on top of the butter mixture.

125g butter
125g sugar
2 eggs
100g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
50g ground almonds
a few drops of almond extract

Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, gradually beat in the eggs. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir in the almonds. Add a few drops of almond extract at the same time as the eggs if you are using it. Pour the mixture over the pineaplle in the tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until risen an firm to the touch. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.

By the way, Simon said it was nice.

No comments: